[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu May 4 10:55:46 PDT 2006

Sue Clemenger wrote:
> The logic is two-fold.
> One, it ain't at the far end of the country for a number of us.  An Tir's
> our neighboring kingdom, and all geographical weirdness included, the next
> nearest barony to mine is IN An Tir, albeit two states away in
> Washington....<g>  I know what you mean, though....I annually wish Pennsic
> could be a little closer than a couple of thousand miles away from me, and
> maybe, just maybe, NOT in August, which, regardless of which job I've held,
> has been one of my busiest months since I started playing almost 2 decades
> ago.  Which, come to think of it, doesn't sound *possible* that it's been
> that long! Ooof-da! ;o)
> Two, it's not an SCA-wide event in the same way that 25th Year was, or 30th
> Year.  It's a 40th Year Celebration being put on specifically *by* AnTir,
> and anyone who wants to come, is welcome to.  As far as I know, there is no
> official, SCA-wide FYC planned at all.
> --Maire

Yeah, I know that a fair number of people live close by the An Tir
site.  In fact, I think I said that it should be closer to the center of
the US...and therefore equally inconvenient for all of us!

Hopefully, they'll start planning #50 now so that it'll be a really big
celebration and in a location that's easier for more of us to get to.

Kiri