[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu May 4 11:19:55 PDT 2006

Why is 40-Year in An Tir?

Maire posted two reasons:
>One, it ain't at the far end of the country for a number of us.
SNIP

>Two, it's not an SCA-wide event in the same way that 25th Year was, or 30th
>Year.  It's a 40th Year Celebration being put on specifically *by* AnTir,
>and anyone who wants to come, is welcome to.

Three, to the best of my limited knowledge, the idea of hosting a
40th Anniversary was put out there some time ago and all kingdoms
were invited to host it. An Tir was the one that picked up the idea
and made it happen.

Meanwhile, i'm going to our Kingdom's special 40th Year 5-day
Beltane... i'm a bit behind schedule.

I've made a lemon syrup with jasmine (flavoring from a local Thai
market, 'cuz i could find the flowers), Seville orange syrup (cooling
now - and i have to decide whether to use orange flower water or rose
water), peach syrup (too early for fresh ones, so i used organic,
unsulphured dried ones).

At the event i'll make a sweetened spiced white wine hypocras. And i
might make a white wine vinegar and white grape juice version as well.

And i still have to pack the car...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita