[Sca-cooks] Re: Non-feast cooking

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Fri May 5 06:34:19 PDT 2006

>> We have a tavern event every year, I cooked it the years it had a
>> Scottish theme
>> and a Persian/Syrian theme. (the place and time change, but it is
>> always a
>> tavern with simple fare).
>
> Mmmm, I think I want some of those Persian recipes.  That wrapped egg
> sounds intriguing, kind of a Persian Scotch Egg?
>
> Selene

The Persain/Syrian event was not the tavern event, but Seraglio, which is
another yearly event (This year both were held in the same venue this year).

And Scotch eggs are always a crowd pleaser. Lady Berelinde taught me
how to make
them, and she makes the best ones!

The egg is similar to a Scotch egg, but not deep fried and needs to be eaten
with a fork. When it came out many people gave it strange looks, but it got a
good reception overall.

I'll post the recipes either on Sunday or Monday.

:)
Elisabetta