[Sca-cooks] OOP-Buttercream Frosting

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Wed May 10 19:28:16 PDT 2006

hehehe , having lived in the desert for going on a decade and having had my wedding cake made to withstand 110 degree weather, the crisco faux buttercream did  not melt.

  I do believe we tweek the crisco/butter ratio a bit. But since it is a desert, the humidity is pretty much -0- so that might make a difference.  Hey but it is good for drying herbs and such.  Shoot they dry within 24 hours once picked sometimes

  -Muiriath

Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
  On 5/10/06 4:09 PM, "Huette von Ahrens" wrote:

> If there is one thing that I absolutely hate is the taste of a crisco
> frosting. Blech!!!!
> And to have the audacity to call it "buttercream" is like a bait and switch
> scheme, IMHO.

Objection noted. The thing is, she was looking for an icing that might
stand up to summer temperatures. Real butter won't, period. You have the
good sense to avoid a summer wedding at least.

I've scored some interesting flavor extracts at the India Sweets store.
Rose, Jasmine, Cardamom... These might serve as diversionary tactics to
distract from crisco frosting. Just a thought. NO, not at your wedding,
just an idea for Helena's project.

Selen e