[Sca-cooks] Favorite insides for hand held pies

Micaylah dy018 at ncf.ca
Sat May 13 10:40:59 PDT 2006

> Sharon asked:
>
> I'd like to experiment with some varied  fillings, and was wondering
> what people's favorites are.
>   <<<

I've take an old Québec tourtiere recipe from the Outaouais Region and put
it into pasties. Tourtiere, in Québec, is a meat pie that certainly varies
with where you go. It seems to me that the more north you go in the
province, the more game you will find in their everyday Tourtiere. Mine
consists of only ground pork, GoP, Savoury, Cloves, Onion, and Thyme and I
cook the meat in either apple juice or a fruity wine. I suppose you could do
it with hard cider too, but I've never tried this as I don't really like
cider.

These go over really well for lunch, especially with the light and heavy
weapons folks.

Micaylah