[Sca-cooks] pizza dough/alton brown conundrum? (OT)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 17 06:41:40 PDT 2006

I would consider 15-30 minutes of kneading a little excessive, but there is
no problem as long as the gluten doesn't break down.  Other sources give 1
to 5 minutes kneading using a power mixer.  I don't worry much about time.
I work the dough until it is elastic and smooth (and feels right, which is
hard to transmit without hands on instruction).

Channel surfing, I only caught bits and pieces of the show.  Alton was doing
one of the quick and dirty methods of making pizza dough.  If you want
better flavor in the crust, make a sponge the night before and use that to
leaven the dough.

Bear