[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk Question

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 18 15:25:50 PDT 2006

tom.vincent at yahoo.com wrote:

>I'll again put out my suggestion to use Blue Diamond's packaged almond milk.

I haven't tried the stuff (I don't think anyone sells it here), so I
don't really know what it's like, but I read the ingredients:
Purified water, almonds, tapioca starch, calcium carbonate, sea salt,
potassium citrate, carrageenan, soy lecethin, natural flavour, etc, etc...

vs

Adele's own almond milk ingredients:
Water, almonds.

The inclusion of starch, carrageenan, lecethin, salt, and flavour
basically says to me "we didn't use enough almonds to make this tasty
and creamy, so we put some other stuff in instead".

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?