[Sca-cooks] suggestions

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu May 18 18:14:17 PDT 2006

betta wrote:
> I am doing a feast for an event in Oct...
>   So I have a month or two to finalize what I am going to do..
>
>   I am thinking a beef roast of some type, and a bake or roasted chicken..
>   Potatoes of some type
>   Maybe Greenbean almondean...
>
>   any suggestions on a direction to go... types of the above, other dishes...
>   I will have a stove and oven on site indoor kitchen...
>

>   Lisabetta

Is this at an SCA event?  Are you trying to do a period feast?  If so,
you might want to reconsider the potatoes and green beans as the former
is definitely not period (unless you  opt for sweet potatoes, which are
late period) and the latter isn't really a period dish...in fact, IIRC
green beans themselves aren't period.

If you really want to do potatoes, I do have a great late period sweet
potato and apple dish, if you're interested.  Also there are a number of
green veggies that are period...broccoli, sallets of all sorts,
asparagus, etc., etc., etc.

Kiri