[Sca-cooks] egg recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 29 21:52:25 PDT 2006

Daniel posted:
<<< Possets  try possets!  There is an excellent recipe in "Martha
Washington's"
(Karen Hess)  for a sack posset that I make.  14 egg yokes, seven egg
whites, a pint of heavy cream, a cup of sherry (works well with brandy
instead), a half a pound of sugar IIRC and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
There are
several posset recipes in MW.  It is like a cooked egg nog or a very
thin
pudding.   Will look for the complete recipe with instructions if anyone
wants them.  I can't find my copy of MW but I think that I wrote my
redaction out.  >>>

Yes, please post the recipe and your redaction.

Is this cooked? Or just mixed together cold and served? You did say
"like a cooked egg nog". Is egg nog just mixed together and served,
then? This does sound very "rich".

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas