[Sca-cooks] Food for events

Karin Burgess avrealtor at prodigy.net
Wed May 31 15:49:24 PDT 2006

One of my favorite lunches is quite easy,
  A few different types of cheeses
  Some fruits (pears, apples and grapes are what I like the best)
  Some sliced meat. Like ham or roast beef (I usually just buy from the deli)
Add some bread and something to drink. See no cooking, just a cooler. If you don't want a cooler, I have placed either a cold pack or baggies of ice in a basket then covered that up. It doesn't keep it as cold though so if it a very warm day, a cooler may still be better

  I have also eaten it for breakfast with a little yogurt

  .Dried fruits are always good as a snack.  I love dried apples and apricots.

  -Muiriath

Shane <shane_beal at hotmail.com> wrote:
          Hello. I am somewhat new to the SCA and will be going to a few events in the near future. Does anyone have ideas as to what type of food to bring for a family of 3 that will keep well and does not have to be cooked? (dried foods, etc) Would need breakfast and lunches as we always attend feast for dinner. Thank you.

  Shane Beal
Eadric Wynnflaed of Falcon Cree