[Sca-cooks] Re: Mysost/Gjetost (cheese)

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 08:27:49 PDT 2006

Am I the only person who's ever made gjetost?

  Boiling down that much whey just to get to a peanut-butter consistency took a couple of days, since I did not want to burn it.  You don't get very much after all that work.  But I did learn where most of the milk sugars end up.

  Cordelia Toser

otsisto <otsisto at socket.net> wrote:
  This is the first time I have heard Gjetost made from whey. As far as I know
proper gjetost is made with whole goat's milk.

Note: "Gjet" in Norwegian is "goat".

Lyse
Shuddering at the thought of gjetost made from whey. :P