[Sca-cooks] Porridge, tobacco

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Tue May 16 18:55:50 PDT 2006

In that order, and more or less related topics, too :-)

I was trying to access the archives to read up on a past discussion on
porridge, more to the point, of using milk in porridge and cereals in
general. I just happened to stumble across a chapter of L'Agriculture et la
Maison Rustique (1572) that mentioned eating oat meal with milk and sugar,
and thought this would be of interest. I'm sorry if that point was already
made, as the archives are not available.

BTW, there is also an interesting discussion in the same source on
'Nicotiane' (tobacco) giving a bunch of alleged medecinal uses, as well as
various modes of consumption (including smoking, of course) and instructions
on growing your own little crop of poison :-)) (somewhat out of topic, but
fascinating nonetheless)

Thanks!

Petru