[Sca-cooks] Simple request of digest people

Colin MacNachtan dcm at mccr.org
Wed Nov 1 05:27:33 PST 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 5:18 am, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
wrote:
> It occurs to me that the problem with that is while it would probably
> be possible to stick on top of each digest the subject line most
> frequently used in the posts to be included in that digest, there'd
> be no guarantee of accuracy, and it wouldn't necessarily be an easy
> piece of programmer fu. Asking for it to be done manually by a live
> person might be considered an unreasonable demand on someone's time.
> It might be easier to include an introductory abstract of subject
> lines (again, with no real guarantee of accuracy) within each digest.
>
> Of course, to me (I've been on the digest but not at the moment) the
> real problem occurs in how some people respond to digest posts.

I don't believe De was suggesting that the digest itself have a customized
subject line.  I think her suggestion was when people reply to a digest they
change the subject line to reflect the specific topic they're replying to.  I
believe it's an excellent suggestion.

Colin MacNachtan