[Sca-cooks] OOP-pumpkin question

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Nov 2 08:45:16 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:26:24 -0600 (CST)
>  Cat Dancer <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:
>

>> Yes, cooked pumpkin freezes wonderfully well. Just make
>> sure it's an
>> airtight seal so it doesn't dry out.
>
> i double bag mine, and have never had a problem.  my
> experience freezing steamed chunks is that i
> have pumpkin-goo consistency in the end.  since i use them
> in a stew, no problem.  YMMV
>
> cailte

The drying out is personal experience. Not quite worth of Mishaps with
Margaret, but definitely worth a caution.

I've found that baking, if you're going to be making a pie, is the best
way to go--steaming leaves it kinda wet. It's much easier to add a little
extra liquid than it is to try and compensate for pumpkin goo that's too
watery.

Margaret FitzWilliam