[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Nov 20 14:02:43 PST 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Michael Gunter wrote:

> Well, it feels like 50 years to me.

Only in the mornings when I have to get out of bed. :-)

> So, what are y'all making for Thanksgiving?
> On T-Day itself, my lady and I will be going to a Household dinner
> so we'll be bringing a couple of potluck items.

Our Thanksgiving traditions went to general hell when my grandmother moved
from Chicago to Wisconsin--the first year, we had a reasonably
traditional Thanksgiving at my aunt's. The next year was right after Mom
died, my sister had to work and so did my husband, so the spouse and I had
dinner with friends and then we played Black Death (You're a disease! Take
over Europe!). Then there was the dinner out, where my aunt and I both
managed to get food poisoning from the salad dressing, then last year was
dinner with my dad's new girlfriend and her born-again son and
daughter-in-law and their two children, my heathen self, my Jewish
husband, and my agnostic sister.

At least I can't complain that it's been dull. :-)

I have to work this week, plus before anybody'd said anything the Consort
and I committed to teach at KWCS which is this weekend in Madison. The
spouse is off to have dinner with his family at his uncle's vacation place
in TN. So I'm having dinner with the gf, although we haven't decided
where, yet. Probably something nifty and ethnic, quite possibly dim sum.
Friday is loading the car and driving the five hours to Madison.

I think the last time I cooked anything in particular for Thanksgiving was
the year we didn't go anywhere and had corned beef and noodles with one of
the college kids who couldn't go home for the holiday. This year if I make
anything it will probably be a pumpkin pie.

Margaret FitzWilliam