[Sca-cooks] sweet potato samosas, filling

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 21 06:54:42 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
the
filling for him to eat < < <

> > A thought just popped into my head vying for position with the "Space
for
Rent" sign.

Make the filling a little firmer, less liquid in the mix.  Line a baking
sheet with foil, drop spoonfuls of filling onto the foil, and broil for a
few moments, just until the outside of the dollop starts to toast.

Just a suggestion < <

Line muffin tins with phyllo and drop filling into them.  The stores have
little phyllo tart cups these days for the quick application . . . or make
little "purses" using squares of raw phyllo, spoons of filling, and gather
corners up into "purses" or little bags.  Brush with some canola, or EV
olive oil for browning and flavor.  Bake until edges brown . . . serve plain
or with a sauce (savory or sweet).

niccolo difrancesco
(seen the purses done with mascapone and berries, so this will work . . .
maybe figs and chocolate and cream . . . .)