[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 21 06:58:16 PST 2006

>(Of course, I also <GASP!>
>stuff the bird, but I do the stuffing ahead and make sure it's cool before
>stuffing the bird for safety's sake and guess I just grew up wrong 'cause I
>prefer it that way.)
>
>Celia

I thought you were supposed to prepare the stuffing at the last minute so
it was still hot when you put it in the turkey (and then straight into the
oven) so it would spend less time in the danger zone.  If it's already hot
it will only heat further when you roast the stuffed bird.  Have I heard
incorrectly?

Sandra