[Sca-cooks] Stuffing

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Thu Nov 23 00:02:53 PST 2006

> Differences between dressing and stuffing.
>
> I make stovetop type stuffing.>>
>
> See... that's where I'm a "purist"... if it isn't cooked *inside*
> the bird,
> it isn't "stuffing", it's "dressing".  Ergo, it's only stovetop
> stuffing if
> you then put it *into* the bird ;-)
>
> Celia
> (who *does* actually put her Stovetop Stuffing{tm} *into* the bird.)

I don't understand about this.  I pour hot broth on top of my crotons, then
melted butter. At no time does the stuffing mix bet hotter than I can
comfortably deal with bare handed.  It certainly never reaches sterilization
temperatures!

Stove top...  No, my bird will be between 21 to 25 pounds.  Stove top would
be far more expensive than the 1/2 hour of my time it takes to cut up the
ingredients and make it from scratch.  Possibly if I were doing a bird for
one or two but otherwise stovetop is just a wonderful side dish to an
ordinary meal, and darned expensive.

Regina