[Sca-cooks] OOP Odd "Cookbooks" Found

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 4 10:25:52 PST 2006

On 11/4/06 5:34 AM, "Daniel  Phelps" <phelpsd at gate.net> wrote:

> Went to a library sale last weekend and found two very odd "cook" books.
> Volumes I and III of "Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and
> Practices" by G. L. Herter and B.E. Herter.   Lots of very odd stuff
> contained there in.  Anyone got any information regarding these books?
>
> Daniel

I got that book, Volume 1 anyway, and never saw any other volumes.  If you
want to sell Volume 3, I'm interested.

Obvious vanity press job but full in interesting lore from one opinionated
tall-tale-teller's point of view.  Hours of entertainment.  I keep it filed
with "Americana" in my personal cookbook collection.

Selene