[Sca-cooks] 12th Night Gift Baskets

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Nov 19 18:13:48 PST 2006

Mustards.  Easy to make (I do it often), and keep indefinitely, especially
when you put them in little 4 oz jam jars and water-bath 'em for 10 mins or
so to seal them.
Spice mixtures.
A bottle of wine with hippocras powder and some wafers or biscotti
Marzipan
Fruit pastes in clever shapes (use those miniature "cookie cutters" I've
seen available for canapes)
Well-sealed bottles of drink syrups
Well-sealed bottles of cordials

Themes--
Stuff for a picnic
A basket of "comfort goodies" for stressful times
Chocolate anything ;o)
Complete non-perishable ingredients for a meal from X country/time (include
beverage)

--Maire