[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Mon Nov 20 10:01:17 PST 2006

Hey all from Anne-Marie

On thanksgiving plans:

I'm doing a non traditional thanksgiving dinner (tho several of the items
are such big hits that they are now our own tradition ;)). Just immediate
family and a couple of orphan friends! So a table of six. Perfect! Rumor has
it some additional people may stop by for dessert :)

Apperatif: kirs
If I have time, I may make a batch of mushroom pate as an appetizer (my mom
likes it a lot :))

Alder planked salmon on the bbq (rain or shine!). soak the plank in white
wine...spice rub is brown sugar, thyme, kosher salt, paprika, etc

Wine choice: a nice chilled pinot grigio

Roasted acorn squash halves stuffed with brown/wild rice pilaf with
cranberries pecans and orange

Oven roasted brussel sprouts (or greenbeans or whatever green veggie looks
good that day. We all love  brussel srpouts, so I'm hopoing for that :))

Parsnip mash cooked in milk with nutmeg

Green salad with goat cheese crouton :) and a balsamic vinegrette

Kristins grammas amazing potato rolls (mmm. So squishy...so good...)

I'm going a bit crazy with dessert...cant decide between the two....
Polenta cake with fall fruit compote
Pumpkin spice cake with fresh cranberries

Over half of the party is trying to loose weight/has high blood pressure/is
lactose intolerant/etc, so I wanted to plan a menu that they could enjoy and
eat as much of as they wanted :).

Cant wait!!

--AM