[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Celia des Archier celiadesarchier at cox.net
Mon Nov 20 17:50:57 PST 2006

Kiri said:
<<We purchased a turkey breast to cook probably on Friday.  Phillip brought
home the Food Section from the San Francisco Chronicle, and we're going to
try a couple of the recipes from that...including their version of brined
turkey.  >>

I brined turkey for the first time last year.  It was o.k., but I didn't
enjoy it enough to put the extra effort in on a regular basis.

I usually take the lazy cook's way out and a) buy a pre-basted turkey then
b) shove it into a cooking bag until the last 30 minutes then take it out
for browning.  I've gotten consistently happy results with that formula, so
think I'm gonna stick with it for the most part.  (Of course, I also <GASP!>
stuff the bird, but I do the stuffing ahead and make sure it's cool before
stuffing the bird for safety's sake and guess I just grew up wrong 'cause I
prefer it that way.)

Celia