[Sca-cooks] FW: Elizabethans using Platina and proper cookware

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Nov 27 11:00:21 PST 2006

>On Nov 26, 2006, at 8:02 PM, Steve Berry wrote:
>

>>  Greetings from Dame Arwen Lioncourt in AnTir (Portland, Oregon),
>>
>>  I am seriously considering a run at our Kingdom A&S this year, and I
>>  need
>>  some help.  I want to cook a dish from Platina; Armoured Turnips.
>>  Finally, I'm torn between trying to cook this dish in my persona as an
>>  Elizabethan noble and trying to cook it as a 15th century English
>>  noble.  I would rather
>>  cook it as an Elizabethan because I know the time period and culture
>>  bette
>>  Please feel free to give me any other advice you can think of!
>
>If you want to cook it as an Elizabethan, my advice is to cook the dish
>from Epulario, an Elizabethan translation, rather than translating it
>yourself. Chances are that's what an Elizabethan would have done.

A very sensible suggestion.

I don't think Epulario is literally a translation of either Platina
or Martino, although it's obviously very closely related to both. I
don't know if anyone has identified the Italian original it is based
on.

There is one typo that is common to all three, though.
--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com