[Sca-cooks] PC was: Is anybody out there???

Sandragood at aol.com Sandragood at aol.com
Fri Nov 10 14:00:53 PST 2006

If you have strong opinions on the matter I would suggest you contact your
Board Liaison and the Society Chirurgeon.  I was not at Pennsic and only  know
the few things that have been bantered back and forth locally.  I do  know
that it was addressed during the Executive session at last month's BOD  meeting
and sent back to the Society Chirurgeon until a better policy could be
achieved.

Unfortunately this is what happens when hiring a mundane service to  handle
services usually covered by a society office.  There is a line drawn  between
the mundane and SCA authorities at that point.  When there is no  mundane law
to address the authority issue, you rely on policies  and procedures.  The fact
that there was no policy to address this  issue made things worse.  It always
takes one bad lesson to create the need  for revised policies.

Hope you stick it out and voice your opinions to the BOD.  They really  do
appreciate your comments.

In Service,
Liz
(who thinks Pennsic is much too big and is quite satisfied with Gulf  Wars)