[Sca-cooks] PC was: Is anybody out there???

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Nov 10 14:14:22 PST 2006

On 11/10/06, Sandragood at aol.com <Sandragood at aol.com> wrote:
> If you have strong opinions on the matter I would suggest you contact your
> Board Liaison and the Society Chirurgeon.  I was not at Pennsic and only  know
> the few things that have been bantered back and forth locally.  I do  know
> that it was addressed during the Executive session at last month's BOD  meeting
> and sent back to the Society Chirurgeon until a better policy could be
> achieved.

I do know what's been going on. I've been discussing this on
Chirurgeon's List, and I rather suspect BoD members are tired of
hearing from me ;-0

> Unfortunately this is what happens when hiring a mundane service to  handle
> services usually covered by a society office.  There is a line drawn  between
> the mundane and SCA authorities at that point.  When there is no  mundane law
> to address the authority issue, you rely on policies  and procedures.  The fact
> that there was no policy to address this  issue made things worse.  It always
> takes one bad lesson to create the need  for revised policies.

Neither I nor most of the rest of the Chirurgeonate have a problem
with the mundane service, other than,perhaps, one or two indivduals.
What we have a problem with is how poorly we were treated, and are
continuing to be treated, by SCAdians. At the moment, we're waiting to
hear from our Ombudsman, however their computer had a melt down, and
everything is being further delayed. It doesn't help at all that there
are wild rumors going around that the reason for shutting down the
Chirurgeonate had to do with life threatening errors by various
individual Chirurgeons, when that is absolutely not the case. The
enemies of the Chirurgeonate are having a field day, and it's wearing
on all of us.

> Hope you stick it out and voice your opinions to the BOD.  They really  do
> appreciate your comments.
>
> In Service,
> Liz
> (who thinks Pennsic is much too big and is quite satisfied with Gulf  Wars)

Oh, don't worry, they're hearing from me, and the rest of us. In
detail. At full volume.

Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....