[Sca-cooks] medicinal recipies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 16:54:14 PST 2006

aibhilin commented:
<<< I have not tried this one but I have worked with edible camphor.
make sure
you get it from a good East Indian shop and tell them it is to eat.
They
will make sure you get the right stuff. There are several different
ways to
process campor, and some should not be ingested.>>>

Ummm. Yes, looking at the comments on processing camphor, it does
sound like you want to make sure you get the stuff processed to
ingest if you are going to use it in food.

There are a number of comments on camphor in this Florilegium file,
including the message I've included here.

gums-resins-msg   (32K)  8/31/03    Period use of plant gums and
resins. Myrrh,
                                        mastic, frankincense, camphor.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/gums-resins-msg.html

-----
[Submitted to the Florilegium by: "Philippa Alderton" <phlip at
bright.net>]