[Sca-cooks] medicinal recipies

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Nov 12 13:39:42 PST 2006

I've seen recipes with un-gettable ingredients like those before
(un-gettable in my part of the world), and I've just not dealt with them at
all.  I would imagine that ingredients with distinct tastes like camphor or
musk would have a distinct effect on a dish, and that making a dish without
them might result in tasty food, but it wouldn't result in the same dish.
If I had the opportunity to acquire the ingredients, I might try, but
otherwise I'd probably look for recipes in the texts that I *can* get the
components for.  ;o)
--Maire
p.s.  Welcome back, Your Excellency!