[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 20 15:06:24 PST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Saint Phlip wrote:

> Well, I've been entertaining myself with convincing the guys on
> TheForge, a mundane (sorta) smithing List that cooking is just a
> variety of smithing. I mean, you heat up steel, and make something
> good, right? No big difference ;-)

One of the great moments in my time in the SCA was when I was
patiently trying to teach four or five fighters how to make puff
pastry (height and upper body strength being useful things behind a
rolling pin), and they just weren't getting it at all, until I said
something about lamination, and one of them yelled out, "Holy sh**!
We're making Damascus steel!!! I _knew_ this was the coolest!"

Hey, somewhere I have a copy of a book about cooking on your car
engine. I bet those recipes could be adapted pretty easily...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04