[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 20 15:19:33 PST 2006

Completely unapropos to actual cooking, I saw a amusing little cookbook the
other day for those who look at a can opener and say "how do you use this
thing anyhow." (one of my ex boyfriends said that once and meant it--that
changed really quickly:=)) It was called A Man, A Plan, A Can. It was on
that laminated cardboard stuff, showed pictures of the cans and packages
and had really simple instructions. The recipe for fruit parfait was a hoot
(take one can fruit cocktail, one can squirty whipped cream. 1. Open can.
2. Put fruit in glass bowl. 3. Squirt some whipped cream on top), but not
atypical. All of the recipes were edible (although some, just barely), and
some sounded tasty in an "i'm hiding in a dark room so noone can see me eat
this" sort of way. All this talk of cooking for thanksgiving and teaching
smiths how to cook made me think of the book, and I figured it was a good
time to share.

toodles, margaret

--On Monday, November 20, 2006 6:06 PM -0500 "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus