[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Mon Nov 20 21:56:51 PST 2006

>  > Michael Gunter wrote:
>  > >So, what are y'all making for Thanksgiving?

I'm joining the family of my godson (my 'real' family lives in
Florida; I'm in Alaska). We're pretty traditional.

My job is the green bean/soup/fried onion casserole, which we all
admit a guilty pleasure in eating. I have to make two batches -- one
of us doesn't like mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup.

I also have charge with the smashed potatoes. I'd make them with
cream cheese and sour cream if I had my druthers (the kind that
harden your arteries just looking at them-G), but another picky eater
won't touch them with either ingredient. As there are only six of us,
I'll concede and do milk/butter, and check to see if garlic
acceptable to add.

I haven't heard the rest of the menu, but expect to see turkey (I
bring my own jellied cranberry sauce just in case someone gets fancy;
I don't do whole berries), a pork pie (speciality of the person who
won't eat special smashed potatoes), stuffing of some kind and
dessert of some kind. Maybe rolls if anyone remembers (G). We're
pretty casual.

Probably some find of stuffing; I'm happy as long as it's not oyster
or chestnut -- I grew up with them and hating them. I thought I hated
all stuffing until I was in college and was introduced to a fairly
'vanilla' bread stuffing and loved it.

Mostly I do Thanksgiving to be with friends. Food is optional (G).

Have a good turkey day, or however you celebrate!

Morgana, where it's gettin' down to -25F at night. Definite brrrr factor...
--
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy
is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do. --Savielly