[Sca-cooks] Fruit Paste...

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sat Nov 25 15:28:57 PST 2006

At 02:55 PM 11/25/2006,Lilinah said something like:
>OK, this may sound silly, but i don't know what i should be pouring
>my fruit pastes into. I need to keep them about 6 weeks. Most
>"period" recipes say to pour them into boxes, but i don't have a
>handy supply of 16th C. fruit paste boxes around :-)
>
>I haven't made any fruit pastes yet because i haven't answered this question.
>
>If it should be the consensus that plastic is the thing, i don't have
>any, so i'll have to buy some - what's good? AND i'd prefer to keep
>the fruit pastes from direct contact with the plastic. What should i
>line the plastic with that will peel off the fruit paste (and,
>please, not plastic wrap :-)
>
>Help!
>
>--
>Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
>the persona formerly known as Anahita

use chocolate molds? sprayed with cooking spray?
ginger bread molds? sprayed with cooking spray?
I did some quince paste into a mold, and thought to harden it faster by
putting it in a 175 degre oven.
Well, it wasn't that kind of mold, so it melted it's way around the oven
racks. *sigh*

But, when i took it out and let it set til it hardened, it looked really
awesome (except for the rack marks across the middle of the venus of
willendorf).

Cheers,
Maggie