[Sca-cooks] Fruit Paste...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 25 22:11:23 PST 2006

Urtatim
<<< OK, this may sound silly, but i don't know what i should be pouring
my fruit pastes into. I need to keep them about 6 weeks. Most
"period" recipes say to pour them into boxes, but i don't have a
handy supply of 16th C. fruit paste boxes around :-) >>>

Not silly. We have discussed this recently and many questions are
still unanswered.

confctny-boxs-msg  (8K) 11/27/05    Period confectionary boxes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/confctny-boxs-msg.html

<<< If it should be the consensus that plastic is the thing, i don't
have
any, so i'll have to buy some - what's good? AND i'd prefer to keep
the fruit pastes from direct contact with the plastic. What should i
line the plastic with that will peel off the fruit paste (and,
please, not plastic wrap :-) >>>

I think even today waxed paper or similar papers might be used. This
sounds like the type of item which might show up in the multitude of
christmas holiday catalogs that have begun to appear in everyone's
mailboxes and as newspaper inserts. So you might glance through these
as they head to the trashcan.

Stefan
(Geez, this took awhile to type one-handed. Grumble. More details later)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com