[Sca-cooks] warming dishes for competition

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 28 13:33:43 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Michael
Gunter
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:41 PM
To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] warming dishes for competition

>Any ideas on ways to re-heat,and maintain heat under a dish on-site for an
>A&S competition?
>
>-Ardenia

I've used electric warming trays covered by towels to good effect.  I'm not
enthralled with it, though.  Next time I would consider doing something with
coals under a ceramic platter.  No open flames, but still good, durable
heat.  Maybe the coals go ina  cast iron vessel like a small 'cauldron' or
potje or some such?

niccolo difrancesco