[Sca-cooks] Roses was Late SCA-Period Sweets?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 10 17:51:01 PDT 2006

Theme wise
there's this book Sugar Roses for Cakes
by Peck, Tombi; Dunn, Alan; Warren, Tony

which contains virtually every kind of rose decoration that can be
applied to a cake, as well as sugar roses in bouquets, sprays, posies,
and for table arrangements. Sugar Roses for Cakes includes templates and
features collections of all different kinds of roses: wild, climber,
rambling, traditional varieties and the various modern roses, from full
blown modern blooms to delicate, five-petal wild roses.

Actually my cake is based on the ale barm cake in MWBooke of Cookery.
There are a number of these great cakes that can be found.
My article on sugar icing on MK Cooks and in the Florilegium
goes into icing.

Johnnae