[Sca-cooks] new books hurrah - commercial note

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 10 22:57:29 PDT 2006

Devra mentioned several books she had just gotten in:
<<< Apicius translated by Chris Grocock (Prospect)
Cooking Apicius by Sally Grainger >>>

These have been described elsewhere.

<<< Before the Mast: life & death on the Mary Rose - Gardiner
Stepping Through Time >>>

This one sounds like it could be very interesting from the
description on Amazon.com. Has anyone read this or have an opinion on
it? How well does it cover daily life at sea in that time period?
Unfortunately, the price on Amazon is $100. It is a thick book at 760
pages but that would make it one of the most expensive books I've
ever bought. I imagine Devra's price will be the same or higher.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com