[Sca-cooks] "Preserved" by Nick Sandler and Johnny Acton

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 21:37:43 PDT 2006

Johnnae mentioned:
<<< For an English approach with recipes there is this recent book
by Nick Sandler and Johnny Acton titled
Preserved which is now selling for bargain prices. >>>

Johnnae, thank you for mentioning this book, and particularly for
mentioning that it was now selling for bargain prices. I couldn't
find a good description or review on Amazon (what happened to the
nice reviews?) but it did show me the table of contents and the copy
of the inside cover. So, I decided it would be useful or at least
interesting.

I got it new, for $3.48. And this was for the hardbound edition.
Assuming everything goes through okay. The shipping cost me more than
the book, at $3.49.

Stefan
(who has a real weakness for close-out book specials, because who
knows when they will be available at that price again, if ever. But
then that's also how I ended up with four copies of Payne-Gallwey's
"Crossbow" book in hardcover. sigh)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com