[Sca-cooks] pistachio marzipan?

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 13 14:46:34 PDT 2006

'Lainie mentioned:
"Lessee what I can remember... Gyngerbrede, shortbread,
marzipan, pistachio marzipan, White Torta, candied orange peels, apricot
roses, some almond and honey candy..."

"pistachio marzipan"? I assume, since you also mention just
"marzipan" that this is marzipan made using pistachios, rather than
almonds?

I don't seem to have any info in the Florilegium on "pistachio
marzipan". Is there actually a period recipe or mention of this? Or
is this just a modern variation? I assume part of the trick is to
find unsalted pistachios. I've found them out of the shell, but I
think these were salted.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas