[Sca-cooks] pistachio marzipan?

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sat Oct 14 14:57:15 PDT 2006

In a message dated 10/13/2006 5:41:42 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:

I forget  where I've seen this, but I definitely have seen a reference
to [a]  marzipan alternative[s] in earlyish period based on either
pignoles,  or pistachios, or both (separate entities, that is, if
both). I know  Chiquart mentions pine nut paste as an ingredient in
his Tourtes of  Parma, but doesn't define it or give a recipe for it,
and I STR (but  could be wrong) that pistachio "marzipan" is mentioned
somewhere. If  nowhere else finely ground pistachios appear in one or
more of the  Teste de Turte recipes.

_http://www.ou.org/shabbat/recipes/miketz62.htm_
(http://www.ou.org/shabbat/recipes/miketz62.htm)

I found this reference with a recipe for pistachio marzipan, and have asked
for the original.  Ideas?

Aldyth

"If it is not  any fun, stop doing it. Find something that is fun, and start
doing it. Life is  too short not to have fun."