[Sca-cooks] OT - Somewhat amusing in light of recent healthy food rants

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 19 12:42:09 PDT 2006

I was brought up eating pretty healthy food. I was often teased at
junior high because i ate weird things like wheat germ in 1960. (we
all went home in grade school) It didn't stop me, because i could see
the low quality of the foods they preferred - i mean, Wonder Bread?
That stuff is practically goo. Made me wonder if it was bread! I grew
up in the 50s on Pepperidge Farm white bread made of unbleached flour
and switched to whole wheat in the late 60s. Now we have so many
wonderful artisanal bakeries in Berkeley that i have many choices
(and i don't mean that fake bread sold in the Safeways as
"artisanal") And Oscar Meyer bologne? What a lot of baloney!

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita