[Sca-cooks] Back to STC for a Moment...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 16:02:12 PDT 2006

SilverR0se at aol.com wrote:
> How far in advance can this be made? Does it freeze well?
>
> The first set of guina pigs, er,  testers were not enthusiastic about either
> the STC or the cabbage pottage, but I am and it's my feast I'm planning! (Now
> that I think about it, one of these testers was exposed to something
> remarkable like STC at a feast once and though it was great! Maybe she didn't like it
> reheated...)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Renata

We've never tried to make it ahead of time...usually, we make it
onsite.  You can handle serving it one of two ways...sometimes we steam
the veggies, spoon the goo over them, sprinkle a little cooked bacon on
top and slide it under the broiler.  Or...I've also seen it served as a
"dip" kind of thing with veggies and good sourdough bread.  Either way
works, though the second way is, I suspect, closer to Digby's original!

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn