[Sca-cooks] Feeding Kids Re: OT - Somewhat amusing

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 16:05:49 PDT 2006

Bj Jane Tremaine wrote:

>  I will NOT
>
>> cook a separate meal for a picky kid, and yet my kids WILL skip dinner
>>

> Good for you! I have the same policy.  I am a working mom and by the time I
> get home it is usually 6pm and 7pm before dinner is ready.  My kids eat what
> I make or PBJ.
>
> One of my favorite moments with my 12 year old son it when he had a friend
> overnight and hid friend gave dinner the harry eye ball.  Joe leaned over
> and said, "You better at least try it or you will get nothing else."
>
> Jana Aoibeall
> CAID, Calafia (San Diego)

You guys are really being kind to your kids.  My mother (who didn't work
outside the home, so there wasn't that excuse) never allowed us to eat
anything but what she fixed.  If we didn't eat what was put before us
(fortunately, she was an amazing cook!!), we went hungry.  Actually, I'm
grateful that she insisted that we eat what she fixed...it's amazing the
amount of stuff I learned to eat...and now count among my favorites!
However, I still can't look a bowl of oatmeal in the eye!!  ;-)

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn