[Sca-cooks] 10th C. Cornish?

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 23 06:51:04 PDT 2006

Sounds like you need a definition of terms.  What does someone actually mean
by 12th c. Italian when there was no Italy, but Papal States, Independent
states and some Empire lands?  Do they mean the peninsula we now know as
Italy, or the various lands controlled by the various powers around that
area in 1200's?  Think the Holy Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire and
the various lands held by whoever had Sicily that week.

  Same with the Cornish . . . was there a Cornwall per se in the 10th c. ?
Also get clarification as to what 12th centruey means . . . Europeans and
Americans use that differently, one is 100's and one is 1200's.

niccolo difrancesco,
likewise confounded at that sort of choice of category