[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Mon Oct 2 19:42:09 PDT 2006

I know that when we do the old world/new world food game here at demos, we
establish a hard cut off like that...

"what foods would you have known about? What foods would you have tasted in
your life?" the premise being a fairly well to do middle class English
person who had traveled a bit before Columbus (or any other Age of Discovery
upstarts ;))

the point is to get people talking and thinking. If they can present the
idea of class distinctions, or the importation of citrus ot the british
isles, or (insert fun foodways fact here) we grin widely and invite them to
our next meeting!

--Anne-Marie