[Sca-cooks] Feeding Kids Re: OT - Somewhat amusing

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy4 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 13:00:02 PDT 2006

> This drives me insane. She's not even my child, but it drives me insane.
> Gibbering. I need to get a grip on this. And then I think, "She won't
> eat soup. Any kind of soup. Or stew. Soup, for god's sake!" and I go
> over the edge.
>
> Gibber gibber argh arghhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I try to cook foods that my kids will eat--my DH is rarely home for dinner,
so his tastes aren't a factor, and I'm not terribly picky. However, I can
only handle so much of hotdogs, macaroni and cheese, and spaghetti, so the
kids have two choices...what I cook, or peanut butter and jelly. I will NOT
cook a separate meal for a picky kid, and yet my kids WILL skip dinner
altogether rather than eat, and the 8 y.o. is considered by his pediatrician
to be underweight. (8 years old and only 41 pounds.) Tonight we are having
chicken with pineapple, mandarin oranges, soy sauce, and lemon juice over
brown rice, and I'll bet dollars to donuts Tommy won't touch it.

Laurensa