[Sca-cooks] Feeding Kids Re: OT - Somewhat amusing

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Thu Oct 19 13:16:08 PDT 2006

This sounds similar to the way I was raised.  Growing up my mother would
cook a meal and we would either eat it or fix somethng ourselves.  I lived
on PB&J sandwiches, and mom made sure that there was plenty of bread, peanut
butter and jelly.  I am a very picky eater, the first to admit it, but I am
willing to try anything once. (unless it contains something I KNOW I can't
deal with eating.)  I require the same of my son, he has to at least try
everything cooked, and if he just can't deal with the flavor or texture,
I'll make him a sandwich (he's 5).  We don't have that much of a problem
with him except the only meat he'll eat is chicken lol.  His favorite
snack/treat is carrot sticks dipped in ranch dressing.

Elizabeta