[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

SilverR0se at aol.com SilverR0se at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 10:11:45 PDT 2006

In a message dated 10/1/2006 11:09:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
online2much at cox.net writes:

> So since I don't pay any attention to tomatoes, I didn't save any
> information about them and their introduction to Europe. Does anyone have
> any quick & easy cites they'd be willing to share?

There are some 16th century references on the Floriligium which I found very
helpful for the Tomato article I wrote last year for Caid's A&S publication.
Also Andrew Smith (NOT Duke Andrew of Riga) has a great book that, altho it
deals mostly with America, has some European info as well. Can't remeber the name
right off hand but it had the word "tomato" in it.

Renata