[Sca-cooks] Favorite spice containers

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 12:26:03 PDT 2006

Maggie MacDonald wrote:
> At 11:47 AM 10/5/2006,Sharon Gordon said something like:
>
>> What are your favorite period and OOP spice containers?  I am trying to
>> avoid plastic ones in either case.
>>
>> Sharon
>> gordonse at one.net
>>

> I would like to have long racks of little cork topped hand thrown clay
> containers, but .. labelling would be an issue (I'm not so good at
> labelling and keeping labels current).  I've also got 3 shelves of one
> entire wall cabinet that are devoted just about solely to just herbs,
> spices, etc. So theres a LOT of containers to keep track of.
Well, we just got another ceramics expert in-kingdom, and I just scored
a new set of alphabet stamps.  Maybe we should make some up pre-labelled!

In the meantime, I try to collect the little wooden boxes in which tea
is sometimes sold, and keep my "poudre douce" and other frequently-used
mixtures therein.

Just a thought, Selene