[Sca-cooks] Interpretation question was: Period? was Tomatoes

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 6 13:33:06 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
> > > If you place the focus on the "as we do mustard" do you take this to
mean
the consistency of the dish? Or, do you take it as a simple statement  that
they
used this preparation on meat as the English used mustard on  their meats? <
< < <

I take it to mean that it is both prepared and used as was mustard.  Main
ingredient is ground in a mortar with spices and vinegar added, and served
young for best effect.  Used as general suace for nearly anything that
doesn't run away from it.

niccolo difrancesco