[Sca-cooks] only one cookbook

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 15:22:02 PDT 2006

Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
> so dear heart wants to know what i want for my birthday
> next week...
>
> if you could have only one book regarding cooking withing
> the SCA time period(s), what would it be?  is there an
> early period book out there (circa 1000)?
>
> please keep cost in mind, i'm hoping for flowers at work
> as well. 8)
>
> thanks
> cailte
> starting a period cookbook shelf under the scribal shelf

Seems like a number of us have October birthdays...I pass a major
milestone on the 29th...#65!  Wow...it really doesn't seem possible.  I
don't feel like I'm 65...at least not most of the time.  And you guys re
a large part of what helps keep me young!

What a hard question.  There are so many, especially from the various
parts of Europe (not to mention the Middle East and China/Japan!)  If
English, then "Two Fifteenth Century Cookery Books".  If Mediterranean,
then Platina.  If French, the Taillevent.  Else....I dunno!

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn