[Sca-cooks] OT - bologne

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 19 17:47:53 PDT 2006

On 19/10/06 17:06, "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> One of the more successful dietary initiatives we've implemented here
> is whole grain bread and even whole wheat pasta, which Evil Spawn
> will cheerfully eat, although he draws the line at bulgur and kasha.

Some time ago, in a mad rush of optimism, I actually bought bulgur, figuring
I'd give it a shot and broaden the kids' culinary horizons while there's
still time (they say that eating habits are, on average, fixed before they
reach 6 years of age. I guess I'm an exception, otherwise I'd still be
exclusively feeding on fish sticks, meatballs in brown goop and ham to this
day!).

Problem is, I don't have the faintest idea what to do with it. I probably
have a few recipes in cookbooks here and there, but I haven't managed to get
up and actually cook one. Any suggestions?

This said, I'm blessed with two wonderful boys who will eat anything, have a
craving for brie and strong cheddar, fish and seafood, broccoli and
asparagus. So I can't complain much. (Of course, they're 3 years and 14
months old, respectively, so the worst is yet to come :-)))

Petru